Microplate washers are used to control the procedure of washing experimental samples arranged in plate-based formats. Compared to manual alternatives, advanced washers improve the speed and accuracy of many washing procedures. They are used in many applications such as ELISA, cell-based assays and microsphere-based assays. There are suitable washers for every lab’s needs – from hand-held devices to fully automated systems.
The fully automatic Stat Fax 2600 Microplate Washer by Awareness technology is a popular product. It washes flat, round, and V-bottom plates and strips. This NRTL- and CE-certified device requires no user adjustments to operate. It performs automatic calibration, alignment, and last row detection. Its carriers come in two styles:
- 3×12 for break-apart microwell strips, and
- Optional 3×8 for non-break-apart microwell strips
This model ensures precision operation with constant monitoring of vacuum and pressure, with pump cycles needed only for quiet operation.
Stat Fax 2600 Microplate Washer – Standard Features
- Ready to run: bottles, aerosol shield, 8-way manifold
- Built-in plate mixing function with programmable mix time
- Large, non-volatile memory stores 50 user-specified wash protocols
- 6 ready-to-run wash programs
- Programmable automatic rinse cycle
- Optional: 12 and 16 position wash heads available
For greater versatility and convenience, the washer comes with additional features such as: built-in plate mixing function with programmable mix time, individual row selection for partial plate washing, and optional dual wash bottle system. The internal pumps ensure quiet functioning.
When buying a microplate washer, it is important for labs to focus choose the most appropriate instrument for their application and one that will fit in with their current workflow. Purchase from a reliable dealer in medical laboratory equipment is necessary to ensure prompt, efficient post-sales service.