Effective instruments to monitor glycemic control and diabetes complications make consultations easier. The DCA Vantage Analyzer by Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics is specifically designed to meet this goal.
This FDA-approved point-of-care immunoassay system for diabetes management delivers accurate clinically relevant HbA1c and A:C ratio results to improve decision-making, patient compliance, and treatment outcomes. Using the DCA 2000 reagent kit, this analyzer can measure HbA1c within 6 minutes from just a small (1uL) whole blood sample. Tests showed that this reagent kit shows 99% agreement with the HPLC method.
Ideal for use in various environments such as the physician office and point-of-care coordinated sites in hospitals and multisite practices, this point-of-care analyzer comes with customizable security access modes to support up to 1,000 operators, protects patient information and prevent operation by unauthorized users. Manual transcription error can be reduced as the device automatically uploads results to a PC via a USB flash drive. Other features include
- Onboard memory for up to 4,000 test results
- Simple, intuitive touch-screen operation
- Flexible connectivity, customizable functions, and enhanced data security
- Bar-code scanner for safer and faster patient/operator ID entry
- Self-contained cartridges that facilitate easy, walk-away operation after sample loading
- POCT1-A2 communication protocol streamlines data transfer for easy connectivity and fast, two-way communication to LIS/HIS, RAPIDComm® System, or other POC data management systems
This CLIA-waived immunoassay analyzer also comes with an onboard GFR calculator that indexes kidney function to help clinicians monitor kidney disease progression and recommend the most effective treatment plan.
According to a recent report published in Laboratory Network, DCA Vantage® Analyzers are being used to determine diabetes risks in the Bradford community. Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics and Bradford Beating Diabetes have formed a partnership to conduct the diabetes testing program for the residents of Bradford. Four DCA Vantage® Analyzers were used to issue over 90 HbA1c tests to those who participated in a walk-in service.