Point of care analyzers facilitate testing at the bedside, in the clinic, or even in the patient’s home. The Siemens CLINITEK Status®+ urinalysis analyzer is widely used by healthcare professionals worldwide. Along with Siemens test strips, it provides improved clinical information and enhances the health care provider’s decision-making capability.
The automatic checks that the CLINITEK Status®+ performs are:
- Identification of strip type
- Humidity exposure on every strip with leukocyte pad
- Common sample-interference check, available depending upon strip type
The analyzer offers a comprehensive point-of-care urinalysis menu for routine testing, detection of early kidney disease and hCG pregnancy testing. The system enhances confidence in clinical decisions by ensuring consistent results interpretation with automatic timing and reading of every urine specimen.
Ready for connectivity to data management solutions (DMS) via a simple upgrade kit, the device provides faster in-office test results in about one minute. The analyzer can be set up to be as simple or sophisticated as you prefer. The user may simply insert a dipped urinalysis strip or a Clinitest cassette into the analyzer and the result will be reported. Another option is to enter an Operator Name, Patient Name and Patient ID. This added information will be reported along with the test results.
The touch screen displays instructions and prompts you through operation of the analyzer. Other features include
- Barcode reading capability to eliminate manual tasks
- Automatic printed report – no manual transcription needed
- Auto-identification of test strips, no need for operators to key in manually
- Albumin-to-creatinine ratios to detect early kidney disease in confirmed diabetic patients
- Protein-to-creatinine ratios to detect early kidney disease in high-risk patients
The CLINITEK Status®+ also facilitates simple connectivity upgrade to the CLINITEK Status Connect System for centralized oversight, data integration and elimination of manual documentation when interfaced to data management software or LIS.