Urinalysis includes a set of screening tests that provide a general overview of a person’s health. Accurate urine test results help doctors detect a number of diseases related to the urinary tract, kidney and liver function, carbohydrate metabolism, acid-base balance and more. Routine urinalysis consists of macroscopic examination, chemical analysis, and microscopic urine sediment examination. With recent advancements, processing times of urinalysis analyzers have greatly improved, thus enhancing throughput.
Semi-automated, fully-automated and point-of-care urine chemistry analyzers are now available. While semi-automated systems still depend on manual specimen mixing, test strip dipping and microscopic results input, in a fully automated analyzer, urine tubes are placed on a rack or a carousel and moved automatically through the instrument.
Leading lab equipment suppliers offer quality urine analyzers from Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics. This reliable manufacturer offers diverse models including:
- CLINITEK Status+: The analyzer automatically checks each test strip for humidity exposure, common sample interferences and strip identification for Siemens test strips. With Auto-Checks performed on every test, this system enhances confidence in clinical decisions. In-office test results are provided in about 1 minute. It also offers a comprehensive point-of-care urinalysis menu for routine testing, detection of early kidney disease and hCG pregnancy testing.
- A touch-screen that displays operation instructions
- Barcode reading capability to eliminate manual tasks
- Automatic printed report – no manual transcription needed
- CLINITEK Advantus: With a throughput capacity of up to 500 tests per hour, its improved workflow eliminates the need for manually selecting urinalysis strip type. It provides consistent, reliable results, with one-touch switching between test strip configurations.
- Easy-to-use color touch screen
- Ability to consolidate microscopy results onto one patient record
- Increased control with automatic QC prompting and QC lockout capability
- CLINITEK Atlas: This is a fully automated, bench-top instrument designed for high-volume urine testing in any clinical laboratory setting. Its liquid, ready-to-use calibration material ensures accuracy and minimizes lot variability.
- Simple, keypad operation
- Modular design for compatibility with laboratory automation systems
- Trays to accommodate different sample tube types
Certain factors to consider while choosing a urine chemistry analyzer are – throughput capacity, test menu that meets your requirements, accuracy level and easy-to-read display. Make sure to partner with an established supplier of Siemen’s urine chemistry analyzers. Professional vendors offer new as well as recertified models of analyzers.