Choice of a clinical chemistry analyzer for any healthcare setting depends on the types of tests conducted and the throughput required. Olympus / Beckman Coulter AU480 analyzer is ideal for small to medium-sized laboratories due to its throughput of up to 800 tests per hour with ISE, and is simultaneously programmable for 63 different analytes. This unit performs automated analysis of serum, urine, and other fluids. It can also be used as a special chemistry or STAT analyzer in large laboratories. The AU480 minimizes sample volume requirements and features intuitive GUI and master curve calibration.
This reliable and precise chemistry system combines versatile advanced functions that facilitate high quality testing, improve turnaround time and cut operating costs. Long-life electrodes, low maintenance, superior spot photometer technology and other advanced features make this chemistry analyzer a convenient option.
Sample volume required is as low as 1 µl, making the unit ideal for pediatric testing. Reaction volumes down to as low as 90 µl guarantee cost efficiency. User definable software options such as auto rerun via rack handler / STAT wheel and true reflex testing expand the convenience for the user.
The system uses dry bath technology, therefore requiring no water bath maintenance. It features:
- Automatic repeat and reflex capability
- Capacity to handle 80 samples on board at any time
- 76 refrigerated reagent compartments
- Ready-to-use liquid stable reagents
- Automatic bottle switch capabilities
- Twin sampling capability via rack loading or a cooled STAT turntable module
- Sample rack feeder that can hold up to 80 primary and secondary tubes in parallel
- A new ergonomically designed swing arm with a user-friendly touch screen monitor
- Flexible racks to handle all commonly used tube sizes in parallel
- Dedicated STAT rotor with 22 positions and integrated barcode reader
The analyzer’s automated low level maintenance requires only minimum hands-on time by the operator. It also features low consumable replacement such as – permanent cuvettes, long-life electrodes (guaranteed for 6 months), and robust sample and reagent probes. The STAT module provides quick emergency testing, on-board calibrator and QC storage for system access during auto calibration, and auto QC.
By purchasing the system from the online store of a reliable medical lab equipment supplier, you can also benefit from better pricing and excellent maintenance support.