Advances in technology have enhanced the speed of clinical chemistry testing, provided large assay menus, and increased the laboratory’s ability to test high volumes of patient specimens. Chemistry analyzers range from small-sized bench-top units to very large floor models. The Siemens ADVIA 1800® is an advanced, fully-automated clinical chemistry system that is designed to push the limit of productivity and meet turnaround-time (TAT) goals in modern labs. Featuring intuitive new software and capabilities, the system delivers the power and speed to meet high-performance demands.
The ADVIA 1800 offers an extensive and growing menu and allows integration of general clinical chemistry testing with testing for drugs-of-abuse, therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM), special chemistry and specific proteins like Cystatin C and CardioPhase® hsCRP.
With a throughput of up to 1,800 tests per hour, the device provides the speed necessary to keep pace with workload peaks. An ideal solution for mid- to high-volume chemistry analysis, this system comes with a wide range of quality features:
- Automation ready design
- Large onboard reagent capacity and optional concentrated reagents reduce interruptions
- High-resolution touch screen delivers push-button operation
- Redundant sample loading for built-in backup and easy handling of non-routine samples
- Direct sampling from track prevents detaining tubes at analyzer and reduces aliquoting
- Minimal-maintenance ISEs
- Remote diagnostics and ILQC (Inter-Laboratory Quality Control) options
- Reagent pause capability and onboard Sample Pause button make loading easy
- Minimal maintenance requirements, includ234567890-6ing no-maintenance oil bath
The device’s Automatic Sample Retain technology provides the ability to perform reruns and dilutions without the need to retrieve primary tubes.
Established lab equipment dealers offer this Siemens chemistry analyzer model at a competitive price. Some dealers also offer a reagent rental agreement on this unit, whereby laboratories can acquire the laboratory device in exchange for the guaranteed purchase of reagents over a period of time. Purchase from a reputable online laboratory equipment store will ensure excellent customer service and support.