Modern immunoassay analyzers provide accurate and timely results for the biochemical tests conducted to measure the presence and/or concentration of an analyte in a blood or body fluid sample. With the increase in demand for these devices, there is intense competition among the large, medium, and small-sized manufacturers of clinical immunoassay analyzers.
Technavio, a leading global technology research and advisory company, recently announced the top five vendors in its U.S. clinical immunoassay analyzer market report for 2016-2020. These manufacturers maintain their position in the market by developing simple, error-free automated immunoanalyzers.
The top five companies that Technavio identifies as the market leaders are:
- Abbott Diagnostics – Headquartered in Illinois, Abbott is a worldwide broad based healthcare company whose products and technologies span the continuum of care – from diagnostics to devices, from nutrition to pharmaceutical therapies.
- Beckman Coulter – This manufacturer has developmental capabilities across chemical, biological, hardware, and computer science disciplines which enables it to innovate, simplify, and automate laboratory testing systems.
- bioMérieux – Based in Marcy l’Etoile, France, this company offers in vitro diagnostics solutions that determine the source of disease and contamination to enhance patient health and ensure consumer safety across the world.
- Roche Diagnostics – Committed to delivering the best possible diagnostic solutions to improve people’s lives, Roche is a leading manufacturer of tools to prevent, diagnose, and manage diseases, including heart failure, diabetes, human papilloma virus (HPV), HIV, and fertility and blood coagulation.
- Siemens Healthcare – A global leader in vitro diagnostics, the company offer a wide spectrum of immunoassay, chemistry, hematology, molecular, urinalysis, and blood gas testing systems, along with automation, informatics and services for laboratories of any size.
These leading vendors form partnerships and provide premium-priced products to maintain their market share. However, these large companies also face competition from local vendors that offer products at lower prices.
Technavio’s report predicts that the U.S. clinical immunoassay analyzer market will grow at a healthy CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period. According to a lead analyst at Technavio for life science research, the introduction of US federal and state government programs specifically for diagnosis of breast and cervical cancers in women have increased the use of immunoassay analyzers to detect biomarkers in biological fluid. Other key factors driving the market’s growth include the growing demand for high-throughput screening with the aid of immunoassays, next-generation immunodiagnostics, and the improved ability of these clinical analyzers to improve lab workflow and turnaround time for tests.