Different types of laboratory equipment come into use in routine scientific research applications in universities and research centers. The use of quality lab equipment would ensure reliable results in laboratory procedures. Fortunately, there are many CCR-certified vendors out there qualified to market products for use in the laboratories of these institutions.
Essential Laboratory Equipment for Research Laboratories
Universities and research centers need well-equipped laboratories. Several kinds of lab equipment come into use in academic institutions:
- Pipettes – Pipettes come into use for various chemistry and biological research applications in university labs. Of the varied models of pipettes available, the Ovation and MLA pipettes from Vistalab are among the most popular choices. Most suppliers also provide pipette tips, maintenance parts and accessories along with them.
- Microscopes – Technological innovations have contributed a lot in developing advanced models of microscopes for research applications. To perform varied research applications accurately, there are varied models and types of microscopes available. These include the trinocular, binocular, cordless microscopes, and stereoscopes.
- Balances and scales – Balances and scales serve many uses: from basic weighing, to more advanced applications such as parts counting, density determination, pipette calibration, statistical analysis, percent weighing and dynamic weighing. Analytical and semi-micro balances and scales from Ohaus are highly recommended.
- Centrifuges – Centrifuges are an important equipment in the university labs. Quality centrifuges ensure efficiency and precision in hematology applications. Centrifuges from Clay Adams, Unico and Sorvall are among the widely used models in the labs of educational and research facilities.
Apart from these plastic pitchers, hot plates, measuring cylinders, beakers, flasks and funnels come into use in routine research applications.
Things to Consider
If a few things are considered, when you purchase lab equipment for your research laboratories, you can be sure of enhancing the efficiency of your laboratory procedures. These include:
- Consider whether the equipment meets all safety standards
- Confirm that the equipment supports the specific lab applications that have to be performed
- Check whether the lab equipment are quality brands
- Ensure that the lab equipment incorporates technological advancements so that human error is minimized
- Ensure they are sourced from a reliable dealer
Where to Source Quality Lab Equipment
All requirements of laboratories of university and research centers can be fulfilled, if the laboratory equipment is sourced from a CCR-certified dealer. Established dealers even offer real time repair and maintenance services for the equipment they supply.