A global leader in clinical diagnostics, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics offers an extensive portfolio of point-of-care (POC) products and services that enable better patient management and optimize clinical outcomes. The company introduced two of its newest POC products – the Xprecia Stride Coagulation Analyzer and the RAPIDComm Data Management System – at the 2015 AACC Annual Meeting held in July at Atlanta, Georgia.
These innovative POC products are designed to maximize efficiency, improve clinical workflows, satisfy compliance requirements and reduce costs – all of which contribute to provider competence and the delivery of optimal patient care.
Xprecia Stride Coagulation Analyzer
The Xprecia Stride™ Coagulation Analyzer is specifically designed to meet the needs of today’s healthcare professionals and address the key areas of importance in POC testing such as usability, safety, efficiency, and accuracy. This handheld analyzer addresses many of the important areas in POC testing as primary care, urgent care, and hospitals demand fast, reliable PT/INR testing for oral anticoagulation therapy (OAT).
- Features lot calibration using an integrated bar-code reader
- Test strip eject button reduces potential biohazard exposure
- Operator lockout restricts analyzer use to trained staff only
- Bar-code scanner offers patient and operator ID entry
- Ergonomic design with a large, intuitive touch screen to enhance the user experience
The RAPIDComm Data Management System
Siemens’ RAPIDComm Data Management System has the ability to integrate all of Siemens POC devices to establish and maintain a healthy POC Ecosystem™. The system is designed to
- Manage secure access to the POC devices
- Oversee and manage quality control (QC) testing
- Satisfy compliance and accreditation requirements for POC testing programs
- Manage POC consumables more efficiently
- Quickly identify and resolve issues for connected devices, operators, and samples
In addition to blood gas testing, the RAPIDComm system supports POC diabetes care test instruments such as CLINITEK Status® Connect urine chemistry analyzers and DCA Vantage® HbA1c diabetes care test instruments. Stock control and reagent usage audits are also easier with the system.
The driving notion behind point-of-care testing is to bring the test conveniently and immediately to the patient. With its unique remote monitoring capabilities the RAPIDComm Data Management System does much more than that. It not only streamlines workflows and reduces expenditure, but also improves patient care by standardizing procedures. It assures quality and reduces risk, regardless of where the testing takes place while meeting the same high standards that apply in the central laboratory.