Recent research shows that medical conditions involving urinary issues are widespread. Whether it is to detect urinary tract infection (UTI), kidney disorders, diabetes, or incontinence, urine chemistry analysis needs are increasing by the day. Therefore every clinical lab needs an efficient urine chemistry analyzer. There are various brands of this piece of lab equipment in the market and it’s important to choose the right option. Here are some tips:
- The available assays and throughput capacity of the system need to be considered. Buyers should be aware that the analyzer’s throughput depends on the number and nature of tests performed by the instrument during a particular period of time
- It should be user-friendly and offer easy loading of samples
- The urine chemistry analyzer should have a test menu that meets the facility’s needs. All routine tests for diagnosis and treatment should be available
- Processes such as calibration, verification and dilution should be automated. This will minimize user interaction with the system, minimize errors and save time
- The device should be capable of notifying the user about abnormal values
- Display should be prominent and easy to read
- Results should be timely and have a high level of accuracy
Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (formerly Bayer), a leader in the healthcare and medical products industry, offers an excellent product that meets all these considerations – the Bayer Clinitek Atlas.
An automated solution providing high-volume urine testing for the most frequently ordered chemistries, the urine chemistry analyzer offers reliable results for various urine tests measured by dry pad – ketones, urobilinogen, creatinine, glucose, leukocytes, nitrite, protein occult blood, pH, bilirubin, color, and protein. Other features:
- A throughput of one sample every 16 seconds
- A maximum of 490 tests on-board
- Unique reagent format enables simple loading with minimal interruptions
- Includes labor-saving automation, carousel sample handler, rack sample handler, and automatic bar-code sample
This versatile Siemens Clinitek Atlas is now available recertified 90 day parts warranty, making it a cost-effective option for clinical labs of all sizes.