Centrifuges are used in the clinical and chemistry laboratories primarily to separate clotted blood or cells from serum or plasma and body fluids. Drucker Diagnostics Model 614B Centrifuge is a low-cost, fixed-angle centrifuge designed mainly for small labs and doctor’s office. Using advanced engineering materials and an advanced cooling system, the device provides high-quality fixed angle separations. Three general types of centrifuge are available: swinging-bucket or horizontal-head centrifuges, fixed-angle or angle-head centrifuges and ultracentrifuges.
This single speed centrifuge is ideal for blood separations and other clinical or analytical applications. It has a compact design that requires space less than 1 sq. ft., thus reducing its footprint and providing more space on lab’s counter.
The unit is controlled by a mechanical timer settable from 1 to 30 minutes. Samples can be safely viewed through the transparent lid. In the event that the lid is opened during a run, the power to the motor is disconnected.
Certified to US, Canadian, and European Safety standards, this centrifuge model features:
- Mechanical timer that allows 1 to 30 minutes for a wide range of applications
- Fixed-Angle separations for spinning 75 mm, 100 mm and 125 mm test tubes in specially designed tube holders
- Diverse tube sizes from 0.5mL to 15mL; up to 17mm x 125mm
- Brushless A/C motor for smooth and quiet operation with no routine maintenance
- Positive lid latching that prevents the escape of debris
- Clear shatter proof lid that allows for safe sample observation and optical calibrations
- Reinforced side walls that provide dual layers of safety protection
Accessories included with each centrifuge are tube holders, tube adapters, cushion spacers, tube holder caps and SmartViewTM platforms. Tube cushions are placed in the bottom of the 75mm or 100mm tube holders for protection. Lab professionals should make sure to purchase this reliable centrifuge model from lab equipment suppliers with reputation and experience in the industry.