Point-of-care blood testing can enhance the level of communication between the clinician and patient and thus improve patient care. The Abbott i-STAT 1 is an advanced, easy-to-use, portable blood analyzer that provides healthcare professionals easy access to real-time, lab-quality results within minutes, rather than hours. Along with meeting the increasing demand for rapid availability of laboratory testing results, the system maintains compliance with laboratory regulations, all while accelerating the patient care decision-making process.
This portable point-of-care analyzer operates with single-use, disposable i-STAT test cartridges. Simple to use, the analyzer’s clear and comprehensive instructions help operators through the testing process. Utilizing self-contained test cartridges, along with the Precision PCx and PCx Plus glucose test strips, the analyzer delivers lab-accurate testing for Blood Gases, Electrolytes, Chemistries, Coagulation, Hematology, Glucose, and Cardiac Markers (cTnI).
This advanced blood analysis system provides healthcare professionals with the information they need to quickly make treatment decisions, which may lead to enhanced quality of care and improved system efficiency. With ergonomically designed soft keys, this analyzer offers simple, intuitive operation in a lightweight, portable handheld device. It features:
- Broad menu of testing options in one platform
- Quality features and STATNotes to integrate test results into your facility’s software
- Wireless option that transmits results to your Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Operator lockout that prevents unauthorized users from performing or viewing test results
- Advanced biosensor technology and real time quality assurance
The operator and patient information can be entered to the system via barcode scanner. The device screen prompts users with step-by-step instructions during the entire testing process, displaying data in large type for easy readability. It requires no special sample preparation or user calibration, and maintenance is minimal.
Patient-side Blood Analysis in Just Four Steps
- Insert 2 or 3 drops of blood into the cartridge
- Close the cartridge and insert into the handheld
- Viewing test results in as little as 2 minutes for most cartridges
- Upload information automatically into the LIS/HIS
Test results are uploaded automatically, delivered wirelessly with the i-STAT Wireless or when the i-STAT handheld is placed in a downloader. The unit eliminates process steps and handoffs to help reduce the incidence of errors and promote patient safety. In addition to new units, lab equipment dealers also offer refurbished models of this analyzer that usually come with 90 day parts warranty.